Become an NZFCNA Member.
If you would like to become a member of NZFCNA, full membership costs only NZ$80.00 per year. Associate membership is $60 per year. Group membership is available per year at the same price of NZ$80.00, and is suited to organisations who may require support and consultancy. The year runs from 1 August to 31 July.
NZFCNA provides its members with -
- Basic introductory training module download
- Conference opportunity annually with both international and national nurse leaders
- Opportunities to meet other FCNs
- Prayer support
- Resources to fulfil the FCN role including membership of Kinder library
- Peer networking via email, regional coordinators and National Outreach Liaison Coordinator support
- Website access to promotional material and publicity brochures
- Regular newsletters
- Practice competencies
- Support with portfolio preparation as FCN
- Continuing education
- Support of a national association to promote this speciality form of nursing with church and government agencies via role of Patron and Board and National Advisor
- Links with parish nursing internationally
Types of NZFCNA Membership
Individual membership is for Christians with an interest in Faith Community Nursing. A full member must be a New Zealand Registered Nurse (with a bachelor degree in nursing or equivalent qualification) and hold a current NZ practising certificate.They will be eligible for a separate vote at the AGM and have access to the introductory training module.
Associate membership is for Christians with an interest in Faith Community Nursing. They will have access to the introductory training module but have no voting rights. This is suitable for clergy, nursing students and those working with the FCN in a volunteer capacity and other interested individuals.
Group membership is for organisations who have applied to the Board for a formal affiliation with NZFCNA. One nominated member of the organisation is eligible to vote at the AGM. This form of membership is appropriate for Christian church denominations, sister organisations such as AFCNA or supporting agencies such as The Selwyn Foundation. It is NOT intended for groups of nurses working as a team or within a particular region. The group is entitled to receive the newsletter.
Senior membership is granted by the Board in recognition of an individual’s length of membership and service to NZFCNA.
Life membership is for distinguished service to NZFCNA and approved by the Board. They pay no fees and are eligible to vote at the AGM.
How to Apply
- Please download the Membership Form (Link below)
- Fill in our membership form online
FULL ACCESS to training modules.
If you would like full access to all our online training modules, these are availble for an extra $100. Once your payment has been received, we will upgrade your online account so you will be able to download the full set of training modules from the website.